Saturday, January 14, 2012

It's Either Laugh or Cry

It's come to the point where I'm stressed enough that I either needed to laugh hysterically for a while today or bawl.  The husband and I were going through our stuff again, weeding out what we don't want or need and I was sitting on the floor.  I don't remember why but I just laid back on the floor and just started laughing.  For fifteen minutes I just laid there and laughed.  In between bursts of chuckles I told the husband I'd lost it and finally gone off the deep end.   He let me lay my head on his lap and just laugh it all out.  I don't know what finally tripped the trigger, but I just needed to laugh.

It made me feel better.  I feel that laughter let me gain the ability to just let things slide off my back.  I knew before and now that worrying isn't going to change anything.  Being angry won't change anything.  Being frustrated beyond belief won't change anything.  Worrying won't change anything either.  I wasn't able to let go of those emotions.  Now I can, well better anyway.  If I truly could I wouldn't be awake at 3 am typing instead of sleeping.

Oh, still no orders yet.  27 days out and no orders.  But they changed the post we're going to live on.  Still in Germany. (YAY!)  And the word around the interwebz is that our new assignment is a better post, bigger for sure.  Another plus, according to my friend it's WAY closer to IKEA.  That's got to be a good thing.  Well maybe not for the husband but we'll be able to get furniture I like (and can afford) instead of just furniture we can afford.   All in all, not a bad day.

Ah, yes. Germany I can't wait to meet you.  If someone invents a magic potion or an implant to give me the ability to speak German please let me know.  My brain does not seem to be wired to accept any language other than English, and not UK English, but American English.  Alright, time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment